Tuesday to Sunday, from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Lunch hours: some exhibitions may close at lunchtime (12.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.) during certain periods of the year - please ask at the reception desk
Main entrance: 5.45 p.m.
Eastern entrance: 5.30 p.m.
Monday to Friday from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
First Saturday of each month from November to June from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.How to contact the Museum’s Library:
Librarian: Lívia Cristina
Professional Technician: Maria do Carmo Vale
Other internal services:
Monday to Friday: 9.30 a.m. - 12.30 a.m., 2.00 p.m. - 5.30 p.m.
Educational Services - Monday to Friday, from 10.00 a.m. to 12.30 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
See page Educational Services
The Museum closes: on Mondays, on Easter Sunday, on 1st May, on 25th December and on 1st January
Regular ticket: 5,00 €
- 1st Sunday of each month for individual visits and small groups up to 12 people
- Children up to 12 years old *
- Visitors with reduced mobility (60% of incapacity) and 1 accompanying person *
- Visitors in a situation of unemployment residing in the European Union *
- ICOM, ICOMOS and APOM members *
- Investigators, conservators, museology and/or heritage professionals when exercising *
- Journalists at work with previous notification *
- Teachers and students of any grade, including Senior Universities, while in proven study visit by previous reservation *
- Accredited groups from Portuguese Social Solidarity Institutions or of Social Action Areas belonging to local municipalities or other institutions of public interest with prior permission from DGPC
- Cultural associations' members *
- Volunteers working with Direção-Geral do Património Cultural (DGPC) and 1 accompanying person *
- Visitors with or over 65 years old *
- Student's Card *
- Youth Card *
- Large Family (2 adults + children)
- Family Ticket (from 4 members with first degree relationship or equivalent)*
* Valid ID or proof of entitlement required
At the Receptions the visitors can still get tickets for the following Tours:
- THE DISCOVERIES TICKET (Jerónimos Monastery and Belém Tower): € 12.00
- THE JERÓNIMOS TICKET (Jerónimos Monastery and National Museum of Archaeology): € 12.00
- THE “PRAÇA DO IMPÉRIO” (EMPIRE SQUARE) TICKET (Jerónimos Monastery, Belém Tower and National Museum of Archaeology: € 16.00
- THE PIER OF HISTORY TICKET (Jerónimos Monastery, Belém Tower, National Museum of Archaeology, Popular Art Museum, National Museum of Ethnology and National Coach Museum): € 25.00
Jerónimos Monastery: € 10.00 (regular price);
Tower of Belém: € 6.00 (regular price);
Visitors over 65 years - 50%;
Student Card - 50% (*);
Youth Card - 50% (*);
Large Family (2 adults + children) - 50% (*);
Family Ticket (from 4 members with first degree relationship, duly legally proven) - 50% (*);
Purchases over 250 tickets by typology and with minimal advance of 48h - 7.5%;
Purchases over 500 tickets by typology and with minimal advance of 48h - 10%;
Purchases over 1000 tickets by typology and with minimal advance of 48h - 15%;
(*) It requires the correspondent written document
Guided tours by the Educational Services and study visits organized by the Educational Institutions (by reservation confirmed by the Educational Services);
Specific Academic Tours (by reservation confirmed by the Museum’s Director) - 1,00 € per person;
Guided Tours during opening hours (available at www.patrimoniocultural.gov.pt, by reservation confirmed by the Museum’s Director) - 60,00 € per group (maximum 30 people);
Guided Tours out of the opening hours (by reservation confirmed by the Museum’s Director) - Adds 100% to the ticket price for each hour.
Access for the disabled:
All exhibition and welcoming areas are accessible to visitors who move in wheelchairs.
Museu Nacional de Arqueologia
Praça do Império. 1400 - 206 LISBOA
- By bus in Lisbon: 714, 727, 728, 751, 729
- By bus from the Sintra line: 113, 149
- By tram: 15
- By train: Cascais line (Belém's Train station)
- By ferry: Belém's pier
for regulations and acquisition forms for photography and filming: see the General Directorate of Cultural Heritage (DGPC) site